Saturday, March 19, 2011

a little (or much) love.


I just wanted to say hi to everyone, and that I genuinely am excited to have almost 30 followers...some of whom I've never met. I am grateful for your loyal following and hope that some of my ramblings bless you from time to time. I know there are also people out there who apparently regularly read this but don't actually follow.

I started this blog for myself just over four years ago, as a way to give my brain an outlet. My mom had just passed away and I felt a strong need to have a forum to express all of that emotion. At first, I had no plans to share it with the world...but over the years, I've gotten feedback that some of the things I've written here have helped others in their walk. And literally, I have followers from around the world now...it's amazing what technology can do to bring people together.

Some good things continue to happen...like I shared, my vacation was wonderful! Now that I am back home, I am launching into some exciting new things. My church is starting to launch new ways to serve our community, and today was the first day I got to be a part of it. So simple, but I believe it will be life changing to some...we are "adopting" areas of our city and going every week to bring food and hopefully in the future, other things to help meet needs. We are building relationships and creating better, more connected communities. I got to personally give out about 10 bags of food to families, and I can't wait to get to know them. To me, it's a great way to give a little love to the people around us.

So, thanks again for following...I really do cherish each one of you! (If you haven't read my previous post and subsequently gone out and made yourself a little emergency kit, apologize to yourself and go out and do it!)

Much love.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I didn't know you lost your mom :( I'm sorry. I can't imagine what that's like.
That's great that you were able to help provide food for families in need. It's definitely a blessing to be used that way and to have God shine through in it.
Can't wait to see you reach your 30th. I have 12 and the majority are women I've never met...it's so neat meeting new people and other believers out there thru blogging!

Aurora Smith said...

love you miss you!

k said...

you are super. =)