Wednesday, October 19, 2011

ain't gonna stop...

On my way home tonight, I was praying for a friend who doesn't know God the way I do, whose life hasn't yet been deeply touched by Him.  I was praying for her to encounter His heart, because I know it would change her life.  I've prayed this for a lot of people over the years, and haven't always seen the results that I hoped for.  As Christians, we are called to share Jesus with others, to serve and to love...even if we don't see the results.  I had NEEDTOBREATHE playing in the car and as I pulled up to my house, these lyrics were speaking to my heart...

"All of this work and I ain't seein' any wages,
I ain't gonna stop until I do"

Jesus said, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”  Ministering to people is work, work that Jesus highly valued.  And sometimes when we don't see people respond the way we hoped, we get discouraged.  We forget that it's not up to us to make people respond.  I felt encouraged by those lyrics...that all Jesus wants us to do is go out there and work.  There is a harvest out there, even if we won't see the fruit of it until we are in heaven.  I have been given the greatest gift, that is salvation and forgiveness, and I don't want anyone to miss out on the opportunity to receive it too.  So, like the song says, I ain't gonna stop until I do.

3 comments:

neverenoughcoffee said...

:)

Emily grapes said...

Just think of all those lives where you've prayed and shared Christ but don't talk with anymore who are now saved because you did that work God called you to do.

I always like to think that at least the seed has been planted for God to do what He does, through me.

Emily w/Amazing Grapes

Megan said...

My friend and I had a long talk about this exact thing today...about how we feel God telling us to share more and do His work better and more completely.