I wrote this right before my birthday a few weeks back...thought I'd post it here :)
I am going to be twenty six...that is one year older than I thought I would be when I got married...boy, was I off! I think I am going to borrow Emery's idea and write about twenty six random things about me. Sound like fun? No? Then go ahead and stop reading now, because I am going full speed ahead...
me as a baby sporting a mohawk
me as a baby sporting a mohawk
1. My parents were so cool that they gave me a mohawk at five days old.
2. When I was three, I would eat raw onions off the chopping board!
3. I have to have chapstick and a source of water by my bed before I can comfortably go to sleep. I have done this for years...
4. I collect sheep. Not real ones. And it wasn't my idea. But somehow, someone thought it would be cool to give me sheep and stuff with sheep on it. Now I have a collection, and it seems that lots of people are in on it.
5. I sing to myself a lot, especially when I am working on something. Sometimes it is in my head, sometimes not. That is when my boss laughs at me. Not because I sound bad, but because it is usually this mumbly humming/singing that doesn't really sound like singing.
6. I always have a song in my head. Right now, it is "Not who I was" by Brandon Heath. Not sure if that is exactly what it is called, but it is my best guess. I am better at lyrics than titles.
7. I love reading! I have read 22 books so far this year and am reading 2-3 right now...
8. My favorite color is green. It is the color of life, and my eyes. I had blue eyes for my first few years though.
9. I do not like peas. They smell like sweaty gym socks to me. Funny, they are green too, but that does not improve upon my opinion of them.
10. My verse for this year is "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and uphold me with a willing spirit." I am praying for restoration- a restored relationship with God. There has been a lot in my way of that, and God is helping me tear down the walls.
11. So far I want to have three kids...maybe four. I used to want two. The more I babysit, the more I seem to want. I am a mama, even if I do not have my own yet.
12. I have a park in my front yard. My roommate bought a pink basketball so we could be ballers and go out and shoot some hoops. I must admit it is kinda cool to have swings a few steps away from your porch.
13. Twenty six is a large number. I am halfway there. Oh wow. I just remembered what it was like being thirteen. Hahaha. I desperately wanted to be older, a woman. Now I wish I hadn't wished that so much. It was good to be a child, a young teen.
14. I used to climb trees. I would sit in them all day at the park. Or I would ride my bike all over the place.
15. In every job I have worked, I have been promoted. I have been a 17 year old 3rd key manager, a 19 year old recovery team lead, and a 22 year old supervisor. I am now a 26 year old (almost) QMRP. I do not like to stay in one position too long. If it is not challenging, I want to move on.
16. What does QMRP stand for? Qualified Mental Retardation Professional. I like my made-up version better- Qualified Manager of Residential Programs. Mine sounds nicer and is still accurate. In order to be a QMRP, I had to be approved by someone important in the state. I am sure you are impressed.
17. My bed is known as the bed of convenience. People, clothes, and random items migrate and rest on my bed. It becomes a stomping ground for roomies, and has already been initiated into this new house as such.
18. I love chocolate. Yum. I pretty much eat a little everyday in some form or another.
19. My current nicknames include: Beena, X-tina, Chrispix, Tina, Cholina (don't ask), Beans, Precious, and Boss Hog.
20. Yes, in the twenties! My favorite birthday so far was my 24th. I was surprised twice, once during A-team, and once (well, multiple times) at the fair. I am hard to surprise, so I enjoyed the love.
21. I love to dance. I don't do it enough. I want to learn how to do more partner dances, but I have to meet my partner first!
22. My diploma from Cal Poly is signed by Arnold Swartzenegger. I will always think of him as the Terminator.
23. I love to laugh and make people laugh. I also do not do that enough.
24. I am learning to love myself the way God does. I am also learning to believe that God loves me as much as everyone else.
25. I have a spot of hair that always grows out platinum blond. I call it natural highlighting!