Thursday, February 21, 2008

take the wheel

"Jesus take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this on my own
I'm letting go" -Carrie Underwood

This song brings tears to my eyes when I hear it...and a co-worker decided I needed to see the video today. I was okay until the scene where the older man is trying to feed his wife and she won't eat. You see a deep sadness in his eyes as he holds his head. Eventually, she reaches for his hand, as to say that she is still there. It is amazing how such a story can undo your heart.

Jesus, take the wheel. I feel like this more and more every day. We are not meant to take the wheel. He calls us to trust in Him, in all areas of our lives. It's when we try and do it on our own that we find ourselves struggling. I let go again today...

No comments: