Tuesday, March 18, 2008

change is good...

So, last week I applied for a new position at my work. I have been a QMRP for over three years now and this last year has been particularly tough on me for a variety of reasons. I have been realizing that if I really wanted to keep working for the company I have been working for, something was going to have to change soon. My spark, as my boss told me, was gone. She said it returned when I interviewed for the new position. Today I found out that I got the position! This brings a mixture of feelings- relief, excitement, nervousness, and sadness. I had to tell the people I have been working with that I was moving to a whole new department...trying to help them understand that it had nothing to do with them. That was hard. Starting next month, I am moving from working with residential programs (something I know very well) to vocational services (something I know very little about...). I am stepping into a fairly nebulous position and will be trying to add some structure. Wow. I have a big challenge in front of me. And yet, I know that this is going to give me something to be excited about. And that is what is important to me, being excited about going to work and not just going through the motions. I love what I do, but I am the kind of person who likes to learn new things and try new challenges. So, here I go!

My job is not the only new adventure I have embarked on this year...and I know it won't be the last! I started my cell group and I am learning how to reach out to people through it. I am back on the worship team, which I love. Change is good. God is using it to stretch me and show me that He wants to use me to do amazing things. It is a blessing to lead people to Jesus and watch Him transform their lives. It is a delight to serve God and a challenge to let go of all that I have been holding on to. It is worth it. I am learning to lean harder on the one who I should depend on the most. And He is meeting me, even as I stumble through the learning process. He is so full of grace and mercy. And I am seeing it is not about me. It is about Him using me to fulfill His dreams on earth. And I am enjoying all that he is teaching me. Thanks be to God for all He is doing!!! Yes, change is good. :)

No comments: