Tuesday, December 23, 2008

by your side

Tonight I was driving through town and this song came on the radio. I have heard it many times both on the radio and on my iPod. But tonight the words spoke to my heart. The Lord has been speaking to me about this for the past few weeks...my striving, my independence, my fear. An insightful and wonderful friend asked me the following not long ago, "Why do you feel you need to be strong all the time?" There is a long answer, but I know that God was addressing that in the following lyrics:

Why are you striving these days
Why are you trying to earn grace
Why are you crying
Let me lift up your face
Just don't turn away

Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run
To where will you run

And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you

I know that God is stripping away all the arguments and even my capabilities so that I can return to the simple place of His love. I am not meant to strive or fight. I am meant to be in His hands, in His presence, in His love.

No comments: