Monday, December 1, 2008

words that make me weep

Today as I was reading in God's word, I felt desperate to hear what He wanted to speak to me. I needed to shut everything else out and hear His voice. He led me to John 14. I read the following, "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful." As I did, my heart was captured and I knew this was what I needed to hear. And I began to weep. It never ceases to amaze me how powerful His word is, especially when it is rhema, a word for the moment, spoken, bringing His breath of life. They are life changing.

No comments: