Wednesday, March 31, 2010

bright colors for a cloudy day

Inspired by Emery (and I believe someone else as well) and the choice to pair red and yellow, I boldly went where I have never gone before. There was a time when any red tops were banished from my wardrobe for the simple reason that it reminded me of working at Target. Add khaki and I get nauseated. My Target experience was not a bad one, by all means; I just did not like red much before that and certainly did not increase that love by having to wear it almost daily. But then, a few years back, I decided that some red was okay, and even downright darling, especially if paired with black and white. Today, I took the next step, and I may never go back. I went for simply solid, but it got compliments....


I started the day with an open sweater and thanks to a coffee spill in the car, ended up buttoning up the rest of the day. I kinda like it. Also changed into jeans later. :)

Sweater, yellow top and jeans- All Target...surprised? You shouldn't be. Almost all of my wardrobe consists of Target clothes.
Black pants from earlier- Old Navy
Adorable tree necklace- unknown, received as a gift. LOVE.
Boring shoes not worth mentioning or photographing were simple black kitten heels.

Thus ends day 3 of the fashion fest! Go check out Emery's blog for more delish outfits (linked above)!!!

8 comments:

Emery Jo said...

very fun and happppy! love it! :)

Laura said...

ooh, bright!! you did great with spring colors!

Jen said...

I love red and yellow together! This is such a cute combo and I definitely like the sweater buttoned up a little!

Billi London-Gray said...

You look great in those bright colors! And your necklace is sooooo pretty - is it a tree?

neverenoughcoffee said...

How are you so good at the self portraits? I'm gonna try to get one of the roomies to help me tomorrow cuz mine are just sad :)

Unknown said...

Billi- yes, it's a tree! I am very particular about my jewelry, but I absolutely love that one.

Katie- because I'm so vain? Haha, kidding. I do a lot of playing around with angles and then pick the best shots. I personally don't even think they are that great...but they are the best I got :)

Kate said...

Awww, you look fantastic!

Rachael said...

Of COURSE you got compliments... that outfit is super cool. I am inspired to mix reds and yellows myself now.
Great necklace too!