Sunday, April 11, 2010

rushing winds

Right now I am sitting on my bed listening to the soulful guitar and melody of Jakob Dylan, as well as the forceful wind and rain outside my window. I love Sundays. A day of rest for my soul, though not often in body. Today, I was up and running at 5am, gearing up for helping lead worship. Even though I was tired, I found there was enough time for everything I needed and wanted. Time for filling my heart and mind with God's word. Time for a trip to the coffee shop for breakfast before heading to the church. It was nice not to feel rushed. Sometimes I feel like everyday feels rushed. But God spoke grace over today and set the beginning of my day at a restful pace. A complete contrast to the storm outside. I am so grateful, because I feel peace. Like I am where I am meant to be, and God is taking care of me.

In a few days, I fly to a place I have never been to start an adventure that was inspired by a crazy idea, but inspired nevertheless. I love to travel, and have not done nearly enough of it. I am looking forward to time away. I feel giddy...like a kid getting ready to go to Disneyland. It's my "spring break"...and I can't hardly believe it's already here!

I will post a long recap of my adventure when I get back...sorry in advance if you don't really care that much, but I guess you don't have to read it if you don't want to :) The joke is that I'll be bringing someone back to meet the family...we'll see about that. Wouldn't mind, but not sure if that is in the plans. We shall see.

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (Matthew 11:28-29)

4 comments:

neverenoughcoffee said...

Love it. Happy Sunday my dear.

Chelsea said...

great verse!

Hannah M. said...

So glad I found your blog, Christina! It looks absolutely wonderful! This is Hannah from NEEDTOBREATHE fandom, just so you know! ;) Love the blog!

Excellent Parent said...

Hey girl, I had to make my blog private, however I made a new PHOTO BLOG and I am going to be doing all kinds of fun things there. OCme and check it out please! http://jcphotographyphotofreack.blogspot.com/