Saturday, December 3, 2011

worst case scenario

Today I had to tell myself out LOUD that my life is not full of worst case scenarios.  Have you ever had those thoughts?  "Oh, that person didn't hug me today, must be mad at me."  "That person hasn't talked to me in weeks...must not like me after all."  "Why is that person calling me? Must be fill-in-whatever-negative-thought-fits..."

Oh, am I the only one who has these thoughts?  Well, today when I realized that the person who was calling me this morning was not calling because I missed choir practice this morning and am now no longer in the choir....BUT for a totally normal reason, I had to tell myself out loud that I had to stop thinking everything is a worst case scenario.

It's a revelation that shows where I am missing grace in my life.  Where I am living in fear.  "God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love." 1 John 4:16-18  I need to be surrounded by God's perfect love.  Anyone else?

No comments: