Friday, June 29, 2007

multipass

Okay. I am sitting on my bed with my ankle being iced because I had an issue with walking the other day. It doesn't really hurt a lot, it is just stiff and weak. I was thinking of a title for this blog, and randomly "multipass" came to mind. I don't even remember the title of the movie that is from, but it involves an orange haired woman and Bruce Willis, and at one point she is eating chicken, and says, "Chicken, yum." So I laughed to myself as I started this blog.

I got to hang out with my favorite little buddy tonight, an adorable eight month old boy (maybe nine months now). He was so tired that he was giggling from his gut, the best kind of laughter ever, especially coming from him. One of my friends was hiding behind a blanket and playing peek-a-boo, and that was it, pure joy. I am praying for that kind of childlike, pure joy to return to my life. It's coming.

I am mostly moved into my new place. I love it! I feel like I live in a model home. I am so blessed. I have a real bathtub. I have even used it once. Really, I just know that God is going to help me grow as I live in this new environment.

I cried tonight in my kitchen while eating a bite of ice cream. I realized that I felt like I deserved being called out for my "hiding" (as I can best describe it). I was with my Pastor tonight while watching kids, and he just loved me and served me. He gave me half of his cookie and gave me my water when I had a sleeping baby in my arms. He made sure I was comfortable. When I got home and realized that I had expected something different, I cried. God is that way. When you feel like you deserve the worst, He hugs you and loves you. He reminded me of that tonight. God loves me no matter what, for who He created me to be.

I also watched Cinderella tonight. I am hoping that my prince is coming soon too.

No comments: