Thursday, August 30, 2007

sleep was fleeting...



My roomie and I were very excited to see the sky lighting up and thundering at around 10pm last night. We opened up the windows so we could watch.



The thrill wore off at 2am when I woke up to my room thundering and all lit up! I was scared out of my wits! And though my roomie says she woke up, she was not moving. So, I was alone and the lightning seemed to be right on top of our house and room.



Rumbling and cracking in the air...it was crazy! I got up and looked out the window. We were surrounded. It was beautiful, and yet frightening at the same time.


I felt God's presence and wondered at how much fear I had of the lightning...and how much more powerful God is. My fear was better placed in God's hands, as He was fully in control. Of my life. Of this storm. It raged on throughout the night, filling the sky with power and glorious light. I slept poorly, but stand in awe of God's amazing glory.






2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, man, those photos are amazing! I'm so bummed I missed out!

Andrea Terry said...

AMAZING! I'm so jealous that I'm up here in Sac while you all got to experience a fabulous thunderstorm.
Wonderful pictures.