Tuesday, January 29, 2008

only one


there is only one who holds the key to unlock
all that is within me,
only one who sees me as i simply am.
there is only one who knows the depths of my sorrows,
only one who celebrates the heights of my joy.
only one never leaves my side, and
only one leads me where i should go.
there is only one who holds my heart in His hands,
only one to whom i can go.
this only one knows the dreams of my heart,
and can give me what i need to see them come to pass.
only one will help me be discovered,
only one will open the door.
the only one loves me enough to hold back what He knows is not good,
and the only one protects me when i am weak.
there will always be only one who fits all i'll ever need.
there will always be only one left when all else fades away.
only One. and He brings people and things into my life as a blessing.
but only one is all i really need.

No comments: