Thursday, February 21, 2008

marriage


Last weekend, I drove down to Ojai and back to watch an old friend get married. I teared up when her father began to walk her down the aisle, and paused, as though to cherish the last moment he had with her before he gave her away. I laughed as she rocked in excitement and grinned as her brother sang while they took their first communion. And in the middle of it all, I found myself wanting to get married so bad! I wanted to be in that place...and yet, I am nowhere close. I don't even have any prospects...haha. But I want it...so deep down that some days it hurts. God has blessed me during this time of being single, and I would not take it back. But I am ready. Ready to begin the next chapter of my life, and be pursued. Ready to allow someone to tear down the walls and see who I really am. Ready to take part of one of God's most treasured blessings here on earth...marriage. Now, when that will be, I do not know. But nevertheless, I'm ready. :)

No comments: