Sunday, March 9, 2008

laughing


I love laughing. I got to enjoy some laughter with friends tonight over a burger at Carl's Jr. I like to make people laugh, and to let out a good laugh over something funny others say. I firmly believe that God has a sense of humor, and that He uses it as a blessing, especially in my life.

It is hard to recapture a funny moment...because a lot of the time the punchline is simply funny because of the surrounding circumstances. My roommate is downstairs making a spanish video for class. I can hear lots of laughter. I think that anytime one makes a spanish video, it's funny. There is something about accents and foreign languages that when you combine that with a video camera and the average "joe's" acting skills, out comes lots of laughter.

I like to surround myself with funny people. I am often too serious for my own good, and when I am around funny people, I let go and enjoy myself...as I was meant to. I am going to include a few funny lines down below that have made me laugh recently. Enjoy!

*I was walking by a dry cleaner at three a.m., and it said "Sorry, we're closed." You don't have to be sorry. It's three a.m., and you're a dry cleaner. It would be ridiculous for me to expect you to be open. I'm not gonna walk by at ten and say, "Hey, I walked by at three, you guys were closed. Someone owes me an apology. This jacket would be halfway done!" -Mitch Hedburg

*I like escalators because an escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You'll never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience. We apologize that you can still..get up there. -Mitch Hedburg

*I like rice. Rice is great when you're hungry and you want 2,000 of something. -Mitch Hedburg

*He was hit by a Dodge, which I found funny and ironic. -Dane Cook

*I.D. badges are long overdue. Security in this office park is a joke. Last year, I came to work with my spud gun in a duffel bag. I sat at my desk all day, with a rifle that shoots potatoes at 60 pounds per square inch. Can you imagine if I was deranged? -Dwight Schrute (the Office)

*Would I rather be feared or loved? Um, easy. Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me. -Michael Scott (the Office)

No comments: