Tuesday, July 8, 2008

this summer

It is summertime! It is July!!! Crazy...my weekends are filling up rapidly as I am diving into summer. So far, it overall has been a lot of fun- BBQs, hot tubs, karaoke, lots of hanging out, fresh fruit at farmer's market, beach time, etc. On the table ahead is garage sale, camping, bridal shower, birthday party, music festival, vacation!!!, and a wedding. I think I will blink and it all will pass. I hope not. I hope to enjoy it all. But there is an element of time flying and me holding on...

Ha. Today started my birthday month. The reason I say this is because we "celebrated" it at work. So, I wholeheartedly embrace my birthday month. Secretly, I am selfishly wanting to be celebrated by myself and not have to share my birthday with others...I am feeling the sibling syndrome where the kids who have siblings with birthdays near theirs get frustrated because they have to share their birthday with others. I know like ten people with birthdays surrounding mine. I think it is because last year I did not really feel like my birthday was anything special. And so this year I want to make up for that. I don't usually feel this way. There is just something about this year. And yes, I agree that it is totally selfish. I love my friends, and I know it is insane to do ten birthdays in fifteen days...eh. We will see. It would be amazing to be pampered! Pedicure, massage, get my hair done...

How did my blog about this summer get to be about my birthday? Just in the flow of thought, I guess. :)

1 comment:

Debra K said...

Hey I miss you!!! Happy Birthday month!