Sunday, August 2, 2009

must love dogs?

I am not the typical "dog person". I did not grow up with dogs really. My only experiences with dogs in a living situation consisted of two very different scenarios:

-My mom's house, where she had up to four dogs at one time, 3 out of 4 being Pekingese, and they were treated like her children. She was not able to maintain the house well due to back issues, and there was dog hair everywhere. Drove me crazy. I liked her dogs, but I was grateful I did not live there.

This is Sara, short for Sara Lee, one of my mom's dogs. Poor thing had such a bad knot in her hair that she had to be shaved! Ended up looking like a little lion....

-My dad's house, where during my last year at home, we got Penny. She is made out of spitfire and obstinance. This dog, as a puppy, "broke into the house" by scratching at one of the screens that happened to be at her level. I came home to her wagging her tail in the entryway, while I scratched my head because no one was home and she was supposed to be outside when no one was home...and yes, she left a present on the carpet. She was in BIG trouble. This dog would also LOVE being dragged across the room with her legs behind her. I think she liked how it felt on her belly. We would drag her across the room and she would pull us back, only to start the process over again. Silly dog. She was my late night greeter when I came home from work, demanding a treat for this task. I began to demand at least a handshake and a kiss before obliging. She insists upon being a part of everything we do. And if she cannot be in the same room, she will get as close to the action as physically possible. Like sitting on the landing of the stairs and peeking around the corner. Or sticking her nose through the railing and sniffing our hair JUST to remind us that she is still there. She sits on the stairs like a lady. And now, every time I come home to visit, she bounds up to me, nearly taking me out each time. Her whole body wags, and she sniffs me like crazy. Even with a hurt leg, she cannot help but love me so much and still try her darnest to greet me with all the excitement she could muster. It made my heart hurt to hear her yelp in pain...and all I wanted her to do was calm down. There is no doubt in my mind that this dog is crazy about me, and she has worked her way into my heart.

This is Penny, sitting on the stairs like a lady. This is also her spot of choice when we are all in the living room where she is not allowed to be. She'll lay at the landing and sigh while she watches us have fun.

All of this to say that although I am not a dog person, I do love dogs. Do I want one of my own? Not really. Not now for sure, but maybe not even ever. I have a strong feeling that will change when I have children of my own and their pleading eyes are saying "pah-weeze!"...ha ha ha. And the topic comes to mind because in one month, I will be gaining two new housemates. One beautiful, fun girl and her dog, Penny. Yes, two dogs in my life named Penny. Pennies from heaven, you may ask? The verdict is still out on that one. I am sure there will be adventures to come with this new canine friend in my life. I am a sucker for dogs, so I am sure she too will win me over. However, I will never be the kind of girl who dresses her dog up or carries it around in her purse. That is weird. Dogs are not people. And if I ever give in to the notion of being a dog owner, you bet I will pawn off the dog poop duty to whoever I can, even to those pleading eyes who probably got me into that mess in the first place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://yhurerajyj.o-f.com/ygepuxa.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money