Monday, December 20, 2010

winding down.

At the end of every year, I become very reflective and begin to look back at how the year went...whether or not I made my goals, how the word God spoke to me worked itself out during that year. This year, God wanted me to see His goodness, His blessings. And while there were some roller coaster moments and disappointments in 2010, I can look back and see how many times God has blessed me and shown me His love.

-I got to travel a lot this year...to North and South Carolina, to Sacramento, to Berkeley, to Las Vegas...and I have dreams and plans to travel even more next year! (Possibly Seattle, St. Louis MO, the Carolinas again, and maybe even New York!) I love traveling and the fact that I am finally getting to do it is amazing to me.
-God provided for me SO MUCH financially this year. When my car needed repairs to pass smog but I had just spent almost $1000 on other repairs and a few hundred on the Carolinas trip, I received more than I needed for my birthday. Then when my poor car decided to let the transmission go, God gave me the plan I needed to get out of credit card debt and to be able to make car payments on a much newer and nicer car!
-A new passion has been stirred up in me and I have been so fortunate to be chosen as a local representative for NEEDTOBREATHE's street team. It's hard to describe why I love this band so much, but as you have seen over this year, I am definitely devoted. Not only is their music high quality, but the guys themselves are incredibly sweet. I don't know where this will all lead for me, but I am enjoying it as it comes. I have met a bunch of friends through it, and I am excited to see where the band is headed. BIG things are in their future, and I hope to be a small part of it.
-I am so blessed to have the family I do, especially my dad and brother. They mean so much to me, and I know God is bringing blessings into their lives too.
-I have had a lot of FUN this year, and I am seeing that is meant to only increase.

There are things I didn't come to see like I wanted to, but it doesn't mean they won't. There were things I didn't want to see, but did...and there were goals not yet attained. What I feel God whispering to me over and over is to hope in the things unseen, to live in faith. And I am excited to see what 2011 holds.

No comments: