Monday, October 3, 2011

the recent haps.

Although I have been blogging every day for like the last two weeks, I feel like I haven't really said much.  You know how that goes?  Here's some random facts or some fun fashion, but nothing past the surface...well, anyway, I am back.  I figure the best way to jump back in is with a snapshot post of the recent happenings.

The Serious: 
- I have felt the desire to pray for effectiveness lately.  I have been feeling quite ineffective.  In my job, in my prayer life, in lots of areas.  I still feel a bit overwhelmed with the work load I get to carry...for who-knows-how-long-until-finances-get-better-with-the-state-or-some-other-miracle-occurs.  It's funny though.  God reminded me today that a prayer I prayed yesterday was effective.  Results came today, and I am so grateful.  It felt like a small prayer, but I am nevertheless encouraged.
- I am ONE week away from my first 5k.  Do I feel prepared? NO.  Honestly, I have not kept up on my running quite as diligently as I should have.  I can run 2 miles (which is awesome...not discounting that) BUT to run 3.2 miles...I am really, really unsure about that.  Part of me wants to back out.  But part of me wants to still try.  And if I walk part of it, I walk part of it.  There is always next time.  Sigh.  I just wish I felt ready now.
- I am praying a lot about my husband lately.  That I would know him...soon.  A dear guy friend of mine nearly brought me to tears this weekend when he sincerely shared with me his desire to see me meet my husband, knowing it's a dream of mine.  It was almost a relief to hear someone else say that they are praying along side me...believing for something I often feel alone in fighting for.  It's hard to be the girl sometimes.  We may or may not have a person of interest, but it doesn't really matter.  We still are called to wait and be pursued.  Don't get me wrong, I don't want the guys' role.  I tried that once.  It clearly didn't work out.

The Lighthearted:
-I got to go wakeboarding/tubing for the first time this past weekend! My arms feel like they are going to fall off and I have a large hideous bruise on my leg buuuuuut I had a wonderful time! I also didn't actually wakeboard...more like got pulled up only to face plant a second later...but again, so fun! It was a picturesque day, and I wish I could go more often.
-I definitely earned that dinner with NEEDTOBREATHE :) And with extra points I earned for promoting, I finally earned the sweatshirt I've wanted for two years. (You can't buy it anymore, you have to earn it.)  I have no idea when it will arrive, but I am excited.
-I got a text from a friend today who wanted to tell me I was loved.  Then later, like within the hour, I was at a meeting and we were praying for each other.  The person praying for me prayed that I would feel loved...that it would be over and beyond what is the norm.  From God, from people...  I think God is trying to tell me something.
-I found some fun grey boots!
-In just over a month...I'll be visiting NEW YORK!!!

So, what's new with you?



1 comment:

k said...

i like this post! and you will rock your 5K...just think that you will and then you will :)