Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Walmart and other fun adventures

Tonight I ended up at Walmart with my friend Stephanie. I highly recommend going to places like Walmart with friends who make you laugh. I needed that tonight. This week has got me running a million miles a minute, and while I am loving it, I am getting a little weary. So, tonight's adventure was a good thing for me. Our friend Katie was sadly at home sick, and so we set off to send her pictures that would make her laugh. So...we discovered the new Miley Cyrus line, and promptly tried on spandex black shiny tights and random fun tops to match...

We also found the backpack section, where to my delight, we discovered what I would, of course, need if I were going back to school, which I am not....


Anyway, all of this was a nice mental break from life. Even if it was only for an hour. This last weekend was amazing, and yet exhausting! I watched my friend's two adorable kids both Friday night and Saturday for most of the day before continuing onto band practice and meeting lots of fun freshman at Poly. I even drove a Tahoe around...it gave me a glimpse of the life of a mom. Moms really give up their lives for their kids. I only experienced this for all of about 10 hours, but still. I dream of being a mom. It just comes with a lot of responsibility and self sacrifice. I am not there, but I hope one day to be, and to do it well.

I am finishing off this week with a bang! 80s party and lots of other things...more updates to come!

2 comments:

Excellent Parent said...

how fun! I love you girls!

neverenoughcoffee said...

Seriously, as much as I want to be a mom, it just makes me realize how selfish and self-absorbed I am at present.

Anyways, thanks for the pics! It brought some variety to my movie and tea evening (which would have otherwise matched my movie and tea afternoon and movie and tea morning...)