Tuesday, March 30, 2010

little things


This morning as I was waking up, I got to listen in on a beautiful interaction between a dad and his little girl. It was a simple exchange of good-byes, each getting more and more exuberant and full of love. Back and forth, like a song. It made me think of how our relationship with God should be. So pure and lovely, brimming with expectation for reunion.

Later today, I met a man who just received the gift of hearing through the use of aids. He grinned ear to ear when he shared that he got to hear the birds outside his house for the first time, and that he understood every word his granddaughter said to him.

On a similar note, but in stark contrast, I saw a blind man walking with his stick helping to guide him when I was driving home. I found myself wondering what the world would be like if I were blind or deaf, or something else that would alter the way I live now. It made me grateful that I could notice the little things and cherish them...like the interaction this morning or even seeing the joy on this man's face. Each thing was full of gratefulness, or at least stirred it up within me.

I know I have a list of things that I have yet to see...but there are so many more things that God has already blessed me with. As I was reflecting on these thoughts, this verse came to mind- "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?" I know that I am being taken care of, and I am grateful that I am able to see that.

No comments: