5. Macaroni and cheese. I’m not talking your Kraft mac n cheese...although on some days, that stuff is pretty good. I am talking melt-in-your-mouth cheesy goodness...either found at Panera, Nucci’s or any great restaurant in the South. All three of these types differ greatly, but all do a dance on my taste buds that takes me to a happy place.
4. Tri-tip sandwiches. The South has BBQ, we have the tri-tip. And we do it well. There are days where I literally crave these sandwiches. Fave places to get them: Firestone and F. McLintock’s.
3. Chocolate. While this qualifies as dessert food, it is well worth mentioning! Give it to me in cake form, ice cream form, liquid form, solid form, brownie form (yes, that’s its own category), dark or light...chocolate is the best!
2. Shrimp n’ grits. Another southern favorite food. I have had it two different ways, but as a friend once told me, you really can’t go wrong with shrimp n’ grits in the South.
1. Anything homemade. Casseroles, crock pot meals, homemade mashed potatoes...I know this is cheating, sort of. But nothing beats a home cooked meal! My dad’s chicken noodle soup and enchiladas also fit in this category. (the truth is that I love food.)
Are you hungry yet? ;)