Tuesday, September 20, 2011

ten days. four books.


4. I know this is the generic answer that a lot of people give...but the BIBLE.  Seriously, it is the one book I can read over and over and get new and fresh insight into my life.  It is a comfort to me, a place of wisdom and advice, and an encouragement.  It keeps me grounded and connected to my Savior.  Even when I am not good at reading it all the time, I always want to.


3. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Yeah, I am a nerd like that.  I love this story! It is epic and points to the heart of Jesus even though it doesn’t outright say it.


2. Redeeming Love.  This book makes me cry in a good way and evaluate my heart.  I never walked even a minute in the main character’s shoes, but I know her heart.  It’s the kind of book that anyone can relate to.


1. The Ragamuffin Gospel.  I love the grace and the heart of the Father that this book unveils.  I am also reading a book called Destined to Reign that has some similar points.  I am only a few chapters into that one, so I couldn’t add it quite yet.



(This one is hard, because I love books...there are so many good ones! The Help, The Mark of the Lion Series, Pride and Prejudice....I could go on and on!)

2 comments:

neverenoughcoffee said...

Cheater. The LOTR trilogy? Three books. Three. and the Bible? Pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...66.

Emily grapes said...

Love the MOTL series. One of my favorites. I read Ragamuffin Gospel and after the first few great chapters, had a really hard time with it. I continued through, but wasn't too much into it.

Emily w/Amazing Grapes